Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 3:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.61 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 04.6"||947.36 mi||West||0° 07' 02.8"||8.08 mi||North||947.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 14.9"||916.87 mi||East||3° 18' 27.7"||227.45 mi||North||952.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Sat 1:20 PM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||W|
|Brisbane||Sat 1:20 PM||1073 km||667 miles||579 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Sat 2:20 PM||1073 km||667 miles||579 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Sat 2:20 PM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 1:20 PM||1293 km||804 miles||698 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Sat 2:20 PM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Sat 2:20 PM||1803 km||1120 miles||974 nm||SSW|
|Canberra *||Sat 2:20 PM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 3:20 PM||2311 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 12:50 PM||2317 km||1439 miles||1251 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.