Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 4:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 04:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.93 meters/second, 1526.2 km/hour, 948.3 miles/hour or 824.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 09.8"||948.09 mi||West||0° 07' 09.9"||8.21 mi||North||948.44 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 57.4"||914.96 mi||East||3° 20' 51.2"||230.18 mi||North||951.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Sat 2:20 PM||29 km||18 miles||16 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Sat 2:20 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||E|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 1:50 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||WSW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 1:50 PM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 2:20 PM||1153 km||717 miles||623 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Sat 1:50 PM||1240 km||770 miles||669 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Sat 2:20 PM||1631 km||1014 miles||881 nm||SE|
|Jayapura||Sat 1:20 PM||1699 km||1056 miles||918 nm||N|
|Adelaide *||Sat 2:50 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||S|
|Eucla||Sat 1:05 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.