Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 5:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.28 meters/second, 1527.4 km/hour, 949.1 miles/hour or 824.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 15.7"||948.87 mi||West||0° 07' 17.2"||8.35 mi||North||949.23 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 30.2"||912.92 mi||East||3° 23' 21.6"||233.05 mi||North||950.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Sat 1:24 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Sat 2:54 PM||816 km||507 miles||441 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Sat 1:24 PM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||NNW|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 2:54 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||ESE|
|Suai||Sat 2:24 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||N|
|Same||Sat 2:24 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 2:24 PM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sat 2:54 PM||1086 km||675 miles||586 nm||SE|
|Denpasar||Sat 1:24 PM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sat 1:24 PM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.