Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 5:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 05:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.31 meters/second, 1527.5 kilometres/hour, 949.2 miles/hour or 824.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 16.3"||948.94 mi||West||0° 07' 18.0"||8.37 mi||North||949.30 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 16.2"||912.73 mi||East||3° 23' 35.5"||233.32 mi||North||949.90 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Broome||Sat 1:30 PM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||W|
|Kupang||Sat 1:30 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sat 3:00 PM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||NE|
|Suai||Sat 2:30 PM||942 km||586 miles||509 nm||N|
|Same||Sat 2:30 PM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 2:30 PM||1030 km||640 miles||556 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Sat 3:00 PM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||SE|
|Denpasar||Sat 1:30 PM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sat 1:30 PM||1488 km||924 miles||803 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Sat 2:15 PM||1614 km||1003 miles||872 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.