Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 6:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 06:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.56 meters/second, 1528.4 km/hour, 949.7 miles/hour or 825.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 20.3"||949.49 mi||West||0° 07' 23.1"||8.46 mi||North||949.85 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 34.6"||911.32 mi||East||3° 25' 17.2"||235.26 mi||North||949.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Sat 2:14 PM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||N|
|Malang||Sat 1:14 PM||1077 km||669 miles||582 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Sat 1:14 PM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Sat 1:14 PM||1156 km||719 miles||624 nm||NNW|
|Semarang||Sat 1:14 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Sat 1:14 PM||1354 km||841 miles||731 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 1:14 PM||1472 km||914 miles||795 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sat 2:14 PM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||NNE|
|Perth||Sat 2:14 PM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||S|
|Dili||Sat 3:14 PM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.