Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.61 meters/second, 1528.6 km/hour, 949.8 miles/hour or 825.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 21.1"||949.61 mi||West||0° 07' 24.2"||8.49 mi||North||949.97 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 11.5"||911.00 mi||East||3° 25' 40.2"||235.70 mi||North||948.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sat 1:24 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||NW|
|Malang||Sat 1:24 PM||1082 km||672 miles||584 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 2:24 PM||1088 km||676 miles||588 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sat 1:24 PM||1116 km||693 miles||603 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Sat 1:24 PM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||N|
|Semarang||Sat 1:24 PM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||N|
|Bandung||Sat 1:24 PM||1248 km||776 miles||674 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 1:24 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sat 2:24 PM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||NE|
|Perth||Sat 2:24 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||893 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.