Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 12:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 12:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.60 meters/second, 1535.7 km/hour, 954.3 miles/hour or 829.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 53.8"||954.06 mi||West||0° 08' 02.4"||9.22 mi||North||954.44 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 36.8"||899.72 mi||East||3° 38' 22.8"||250.25 mi||North||941.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lusaka||Sat 2:14 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||NE|
|Kabwe||Sat 2:14 PM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NNE|
|Bulawayo||Sat 2:14 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||SSE|
|Gweru||Sat 2:14 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SE|
|Harare||Sat 2:14 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||ESE|
|Chitungwiza||Sat 2:14 PM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||ESE|
|Mongu||Sat 2:14 PM||462 km||287 miles||249 nm||WNW|
|Ndola||Sat 2:14 PM||464 km||289 miles||251 nm||NNE|
|Kitwe||Sat 2:14 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||NNE|
|Francistown||Sat 2:14 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.