Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 1:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 13:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.90 meters/second, 1536.8 km/hour, 954.9 miles/hour or 829.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 58.8"||954.74 mi||West||0° 08' 07.8"||9.32 mi||North||955.12 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 35.3"||898.03 mi||East||3° 40' 09.6"||252.28 mi||North||940.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Opuwo *||Sat 3:06 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||SSW|
|Lubango||Sat 2:06 PM||239 km||149 miles||129 nm||NNW|
|Menongue||Sat 2:06 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||NE|
|Huambo||Sat 2:06 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NNE|
|Rundu *||Sat 3:06 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||ESE|
|Swakopmund *||Sat 3:06 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||S|
|Walvis Bay *||Sat 3:06 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||S|
|Windhoek *||Sat 3:06 PM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||SSE|
|Luena||Sat 2:06 PM||796 km||494 miles||430 nm||NE|
|Malanje||Sat 2:06 PM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.