Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 6:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 18:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.76 meters/second, 1543.6 km/hour, 959.1 miles/hour or 833.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 29.5"||958.93 mi||West||0° 08' 39.4"||9.92 mi||North||959.32 mi|
|24 hours||13° 21' 11.8"||887.72 mi||East||3° 50' 23.9"||264.00 mi||North||933.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sat 2:24 PM||97 km||60 miles||53 nm||ESE|
|Santa Cruz||Sat 2:24 PM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||SW|
|Sucre||Sat 2:24 PM||493 km||307 miles||266 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Sat 2:24 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||W|
|Riberalta||Sat 2:24 PM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||NW|
|Cobija||Sat 2:24 PM||936 km||582 miles||505 nm||NW|
|Rio Branco||Sat 2:24 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Sat 3:24 PM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Sat 2:24 PM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Sat 4:24 PM||1491 km||927 miles||805 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.