Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 11:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.55 meters/second, 1550.0 km/hour, 963.1 miles/hour or 836.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 58.8"||962.93 mi||West||0° 09' 06.5"||10.44 mi||North||963.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 35.1"||878.01 mi||East||3° 59' 04.9"||273.93 mi||North||927.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sat 2:24 PM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Sat 1:54 PM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sat 3:24 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 1:24 PM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 1:24 PM||2805 km||1743 miles||1514 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 6:24 PM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 1:24 PM||3200 km||1989 miles||1728 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 12:24 PM||3842 km||2387 miles||2075 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 1:24 PM||4074 km||2531 miles||2200 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 12:24 PM||4100 km||2547 miles||2214 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.