Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 12:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.85 meters/second, 1551.1 km/hour, 963.8 miles/hour or 837.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 03.7"||963.60 mi||West||0° 09' 10.8"||10.52 mi||North||964.01 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 39.9"||876.40 mi||East||4° 00' 26.3"||275.48 mi||North||925.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 2:14 PM||463 km||287 miles||250 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Sat 2:44 PM||982 km||610 miles||531 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:14 PM||1605 km||997 miles||866 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 4:14 PM||1985 km||1233 miles||1072 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:14 PM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 1:14 PM||2581 km||1604 miles||1394 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 2:14 PM||2783 km||1729 miles||1503 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:14 PM||2817 km||1750 miles||1521 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:14 PM||3156 km||1961 miles||1704 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:14 PM||3762 km||2338 miles||2031 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.