Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.91 meters/second, 1551.3 km/hour, 963.9 miles/hour or 837.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.17 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 04.8"||963.74 mi||West||0° 09' 11.7"||10.54 mi||North||964.14 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 16.8"||876.08 mi||East||4° 00' 42.3"||275.78 mi||North||925.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 2:24 PM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 2:24 PM||390 km||243 miles||211 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:24 PM||1379 km||857 miles||745 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:24 PM||2126 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 4:24 PM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 1:24 PM||2330 km||1448 miles||1258 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 2:24 PM||2524 km||1569 miles||1363 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:24 PM||2562 km||1592 miles||1384 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:24 PM||2910 km||1808 miles||1571 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:24 PM||3527 km||2191 miles||1904 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.