Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.97 meters/second, 1551.5 km/hour, 964.0 miles/hour or 837.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 05.7"||963.87 mi||West||0° 09' 12.5"||10.55 mi||North||964.28 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 53.8"||875.76 mi||East||4° 00' 58.3"||276.09 mi||North||925.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 2:34 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 2:34 PM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:34 PM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:34 PM||2014 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 1:34 PM||2080 km||1293 miles||1123 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 2:34 PM||2266 km||1408 miles||1223 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:34 PM||2310 km||1435 miles||1247 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 4:34 PM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:34 PM||2664 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 12:34 PM||3296 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.