Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.16 meters/second, 1552.2 km/hour, 964.5 miles/hour or 838.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 08.8"||964.30 mi||West||0° 09' 15.2"||10.60 mi||North||964.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 40.2"||874.73 mi||East||4° 01' 49.3"||277.06 mi||North||924.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:06 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 3:06 PM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 2:06 PM||1295 km||804 miles||699 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 3:06 PM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:06 PM||1520 km||944 miles||821 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:06 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:06 PM||1891 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Sun 2:06 PM||2485 km||1544 miles||1342 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 1:06 PM||2535 km||1575 miles||1369 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 1:06 PM||2601 km||1616 miles||1404 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.