Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.27 meters/second, 1552.6 km/hour, 964.7 miles/hour or 838.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 10.7"||964.54 mi||West||0° 09' 16.6"||10.63 mi||North||964.95 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 58.9"||874.15 mi||East||4° 02' 17.5"||277.60 mi||North||924.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:24 PM||760 km||472 miles||410 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Sat 2:24 PM||854 km||530 miles||461 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 2:24 PM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 3:24 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sun 3:24 PM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:24 PM||1106 km||687 miles||597 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sat 3:24 PM||1444 km||897 miles||779 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:24 PM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:24 PM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Sun 2:24 PM||2031 km||1262 miles||1096 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.