Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 4:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 04:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.32 meters/second, 1556.3 km/hour, 967.1 miles/hour or 840.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.9"||966.90 mi||West||0° 09' 31.0"||10.90 mi||North||967.30 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 17.5"||868.53 mi||East||4° 06' 44.2"||282.68 mi||North||920.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Sun 3:20 PM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sun 3:20 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Sun 2:20 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sun 2:20 PM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 2:20 PM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Sun 2:20 PM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sun 3:20 PM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Sun 4:20 PM||2042 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sun 1:20 PM||2043 km||1270 miles||1103 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Sun 3:20 PM||2170 km||1348 miles||1172 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.