Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 6:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 06:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.95 meters/second, 1558.6 km/hour, 968.5 miles/hour or 841.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.4"||968.31 mi||West||0° 09' 39.2"||11.06 mi||North||968.71 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 17.9"||865.16 mi||East||4° 09' 15.7"||285.57 mi||North||917.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 3:36 PM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||NE|
|Suai||Sun 3:06 PM||705 km||438 miles||380 nm||NW|
|Same||Sun 3:06 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||NW|
|Baucau||Sun 3:06 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 3:06 PM||752 km||468 miles||406 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sun 2:06 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 3:36 PM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||SE|
|Alice Springs||Sun 3:36 PM||1148 km||714 miles||620 nm||SSE|
|Kendari||Sun 2:06 PM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sun 2:06 PM||1483 km||921 miles||801 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.