Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 6:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 06:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.03 meters/second, 1558.9 kilometres/hour, 968.7 miles/hour or 841.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 39.8"||968.49 mi||West||0° 09' 40.3"||11.08 mi||North||968.90 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 46.5"||864.72 mi||East||4° 09' 35.1"||285.94 mi||North||917.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 2:20 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sun 3:20 PM||549 km||341 miles||297 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sun 3:50 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||ENE|
|Same||Sun 3:20 PM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||N|
|Dili||Sun 3:20 PM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sun 3:20 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||N|
|Ende||Sun 2:20 PM||759 km||471 miles||410 nm||NW|
|Raba||Sun 2:20 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||NW|
|Kendari||Sun 2:20 PM||1195 km||743 miles||645 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sun 2:20 PM||1235 km||767 miles||667 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.