Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.06 meters/second, 1559.0 km/hour, 968.7 miles/hour or 841.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 40.2"||968.63 mi||west||0° 09' 40.5"||11.09 mi||north||969.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 35.0"||864.62 mi||east||4° 09' 42.2"||286.09 mi||north||917.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 2:24 PM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sun 3:24 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||N|
|Same||Sun 3:24 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||N|
|Dili||Sun 3:24 PM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sun 3:24 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Sun 2:24 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Sun 3:54 PM||691 km||430 miles||373 nm||ENE|
|Raba||Sun 2:24 PM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||NW|
|Kendari||Sun 2:24 PM||1158 km||720 miles||625 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sun 2:24 PM||1160 km||721 miles||627 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.