Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.05 meters/second, 1559.0 kilometres/hour, 968.7 miles/hour or 841.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 40.0"||968.55 mi||West||0° 09' 40.5"||11.09 mi||North||968.95 mi|
|24 hours||12° 53' 37.6"||864.59 mi||East||4° 09' 40.8"||286.04 mi||North||917.48 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 2:24 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sun 3:24 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||N|
|Same||Sun 3:24 PM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||N|
|Dili||Sun 3:24 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sun 3:24 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Sun 3:54 PM||664 km||412 miles||358 nm||ENE|
|Ende||Sun 2:24 PM||698 km||433 miles||377 nm||NNW|
|Raba||Sun 2:24 PM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||NW|
|Kendari||Sun 2:24 PM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sun 2:24 PM||1176 km||731 miles||635 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.