Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 12:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 12:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.34 meters/second, 1567.2 kilometres/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 18.1"||973.69 mi||West||0° 10' 08.1"||11.61 mi||North||974.09 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 12.4"||852.36 mi||East||4° 17' 59.2"||295.54 mi||North||908.41 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ndola||Sun 2:56 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||W|
|Chipata||Sun 2:56 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||ESE|
|Kitwe||Sun 2:56 PM||260 km||162 miles||140 nm||W|
|Kabwe||Sun 2:56 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||WSW|
|Kasama||Sun 2:56 PM||329 km||205 miles||178 nm||NNE|
|Lusaka||Sun 2:56 PM||353 km||220 miles||191 nm||SW|
|Lilongwe||Sun 2:56 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||ESE|
|Lubumbashi||Sun 2:56 PM||376 km||233 miles||203 nm||WNW|
|Mzuzu||Sun 2:56 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||ENE|
|Karonga||Sun 2:56 PM||509 km||317 miles||275 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.