Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 19:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.49 meters/second, 1575.0 km/hour, 978.6 miles/hour or 850.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 54.3"||978.50 mi||West||0° 10' 31.0"||12.05 mi||North||978.89 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 48.5"||840.87 mi||East||4° 24' 38.4"||303.14 mi||North||899.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 3:16 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||S|
|Porto Velho||Sun 3:16 PM||484 km||300 miles||261 nm||NW|
|Riberalta||Sun 3:16 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||WNW|
|Santa Cruz||Sun 3:16 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||SSW|
|Rio Branco||Sun 3:16 PM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||WNW|
|Cochabamba||Sun 3:16 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||SW|
|Sucre||Sun 3:16 PM||897 km||558 miles||484 nm||SSW|
|La Paz||Sun 3:16 PM||914 km||568 miles||493 nm||WSW|
|Manaus||Sun 3:16 PM||995 km||618 miles||537 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:16 PM||1475 km||917 miles||796 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.