Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 19:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.71 meters/second, 1575.8 kilometres/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.0"||979.00 mi||West||0° 10' 33.2"||12.09 mi||North||979.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 26.1"||839.69 mi||East||4° 25' 15.9"||303.85 mi||North||898.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cuzco||Sun 2:56 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||SW|
|Cobija||Sun 3:56 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||ENE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 2:56 PM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||WSW|
|Rio Branco||Sun 3:56 PM||377 km||234 miles||203 nm||NE|
|Arequipa||Sun 2:56 PM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||S|
|Riberalta||Sun 3:56 PM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Sun 3:56 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||SSE|
|Lima||Sun 2:56 PM||697 km||433 miles||377 nm||W|
|Cochabamba||Sun 3:56 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||SE|
|Iquitos||Sun 2:56 PM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.