Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 8:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.76 meters/second, 1576.0 kilometres/hour, 979.3 miles/hour or 850.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.9"||979.12 mi||West||0° 10' 33.7"||12.10 mi||North||979.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 24' 05.6"||839.39 mi||East||4° 25' 25.1"||304.03 mi||North||898.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 3:06 PM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||SSE|
|Cuzco||Sun 3:06 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||SSE|
|Huancayo||Sun 3:06 PM||236 km||147 miles||127 nm||W|
|Lima||Sun 3:06 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||W|
|Callao||Sun 3:06 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||W|
|Cobija||Sun 4:06 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||ENE|
|Arequipa||Sun 3:06 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||SSE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 4:06 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Sun 4:06 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||SE|
|Riberalta||Sun 4:06 PM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.