Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 8:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 20:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 437.82 meters/second, 1576.2 kilometres/hour, 979.4 miles/hour or 851.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 59.9"||979.24 mi||West||0° 10' 34.2"||12.11 mi||North||979.63 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 45.2"||839.10 mi||East||4° 25' 34.3"||304.20 mi||North||898.14 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Huancayo||Sun 3:16 PM||34 km||21 miles||19 nm||SE|
|Lima||Sun 3:16 PM||173 km||108 miles||94 nm||W|
|Callao||Sun 3:16 PM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||W|
|Ica||Sun 3:16 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||S|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 3:16 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||ESE|
|Trujillo||Sun 3:16 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||NW|
|Arequipa||Sun 3:16 PM||654 km||407 miles||353 nm||SE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 4:16 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||ENE|
|Iquitos||Sun 3:16 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sun 4:16 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.