Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 9:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 21:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.09 meters/second, 1577.1 km/hour, 980.0 miles/hour or 851.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 04.5"||979.85 mi||West||0° 10' 36.9"||12.16 mi||North||980.24 mi|
|24 hours||12° 22' 03.1"||837.63 mi||East||4° 26' 19.3"||305.06 mi||North||896.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Sun 4:06 PM||1142 km||709 miles||616 nm||E|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 3:06 PM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||N|
|Guayaquil||Sun 4:06 PM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sun 4:06 PM||1616 km||1004 miles||873 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Sun 5:06 PM||2157 km||1340 miles||1165 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 5:06 PM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||E|
|Bogota||Sun 4:06 PM||2340 km||1454 miles||1264 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sun 3:06 PM||2427 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||N|
|Panama||Sun 4:06 PM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||NNE|
|Sucre||Sun 5:06 PM||2518 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.