Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 00:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.06 meters/second, 1580.6 km/hour, 982.1 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.21 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.0"||982.01 mi||West||0° 10' 46.1"||12.33 mi||North||982.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 02.1"||832.40 mi||East||4° 28' 50.4"||307.93 mi||North||892.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 2:36 PM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 4:06 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 2:06 PM||2128 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:06 PM||2863 km||1779 miles||1546 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 2:06 PM||3262 km||2027 miles||1761 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 2:06 PM||3272 km||2033 miles||1767 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 1:06 PM||4271 km||2654 miles||2306 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 2:06 PM||4445 km||2762 miles||2400 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sun 2:06 PM||4649 km||2889 miles||2510 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 1:06 PM||4845 km||3010 miles||2616 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.