Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.15 meters/second, 1580.9 km/hour, 982.4 miles/hour or 853.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 22.6"||982.23 mi||West||0° 10' 46.8"||12.35 mi||North||982.61 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 26.4"||831.89 mi||East||4° 29' 04.6"||308.20 mi||North||892.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 2:54 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 4:24 PM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 2:24 PM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 2:24 PM||2836 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 2:24 PM||2844 km||1767 miles||1535 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:24 PM||3236 km||2011 miles||1747 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sun 1:24 PM||3820 km||2373 miles||2062 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 1:24 PM||3940 km||2448 miles||2128 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 2:24 PM||3976 km||2471 miles||2147 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sun 2:24 PM||4359 km||2708 miles||2354 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.