Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 00:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.32 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 854.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.6"||982.60 mi||West||0° 10' 48.4"||12.38 mi||North||982.98 mi|
|24 hours||12° 14' 23.4"||830.97 mi||East||4° 29' 29.2"||308.67 mi||North||891.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 3:26 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sun 2:56 PM||1009 km||627 miles||545 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 4:56 PM||2062 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 2:56 PM||2117 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 2:56 PM||2137 km||1328 miles||1154 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 1:56 PM||3024 km||1879 miles||1633 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 1:56 PM||3097 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 2:56 PM||3143 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 1:56 PM||3614 km||2246 miles||1952 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 12:56 PM||3909 km||2429 miles||2111 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.