Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 17, 2012 at 1:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 01:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.42 meters/second, 1581.9 km/hour, 983.0 miles/hour or 854.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 27.3"||982.84 mi||West||0° 10' 49.3"||12.40 mi||North||983.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 44.2"||830.40 mi||East||4° 29' 44.6"||308.96 mi||North||891.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 3:16 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 3:46 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:16 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:16 PM||1771 km||1101 miles||956 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:16 PM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sun 2:16 PM||2537 km||1576 miles||1370 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:16 PM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 3:16 PM||2624 km||1630 miles||1417 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:16 PM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 1:16 PM||3405 km||2116 miles||1839 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.