Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 17, 2012 at 2:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.68 meters/second, 1582.9 km/hour, 983.5 miles/hour or 854.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 31.8"||983.42 mi||West||0° 10' 51.7"||12.44 mi||North||983.79 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 06.7"||828.98 mi||East||4° 30' 21.6"||309.67 mi||North||889.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 4:06 PM||1149 km||714 miles||621 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Mon 3:06 PM||1253 km||779 miles||677 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sun 4:06 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Mon 4:06 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 3:06 PM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 4:06 PM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 3:06 PM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sun 2:06 PM||2207 km||1371 miles||1192 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 2:06 PM||2312 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||W|
|Suva *||Mon 3:06 PM||2473 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.