Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 17, 2012 at 6:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 17, 2012 at 18:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.13 meters/second, 1598.9 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 52.3"||993.39 mi||West||0° 11' 25.1"||13.08 mi||North||993.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 43' 39.3"||803.58 mi||East||4° 38' 20.1"||318.76 mi||North||867.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Mon 3:06 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||W|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 4:06 PM||453 km||281 miles||245 nm||N|
|Natal||Mon 3:06 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Mon 3:06 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 3:06 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Mon 3:06 PM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 4:06 PM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Mon 3:06 PM||1996 km||1240 miles||1078 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 4:06 PM||2077 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||SW|
|São Paulo *||Mon 4:06 PM||2360 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.