Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.70 meters/second, 1604.5 km/hour, 997.0 miles/hour or 866.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.5"||996.92 mi||West||0° 11' 33.7"||13.24 mi||North||997.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 56.9"||793.69 mi||East||4° 39' 40.0"||320.27 mi||North||858.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 3:36 PM||751 km||467 miles||405 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 5:06 PM||2077 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 3:06 PM||2159 km||1341 miles||1166 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:06 PM||2843 km||1766 miles||1535 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:06 PM||3296 km||2048 miles||1780 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 8:06 PM||3395 km||2110 miles||1833 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Mon 3:06 PM||4095 km||2544 miles||2211 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:06 PM||4204 km||2613 miles||2270 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 2:06 PM||4213 km||2618 miles||2275 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 3:06 PM||4302 km||2673 miles||2323 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.