Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 1:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 01:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.86 meters/second, 1605.1 km/hour, 997.4 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.8"||997.27 mi||West||0° 11' 34.4"||13.25 mi||North||997.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 50.6"||792.66 mi||East||4° 39' 44.2"||320.35 mi||North||857.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 4:22 PM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Mon 3:52 PM||1361 km||845 miles||735 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:52 PM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 3:52 PM||2342 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 5:52 PM||2561 km||1591 miles||1383 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:52 PM||2986 km||1856 miles||1613 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 2:52 PM||3111 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 3:52 PM||3121 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 3:52 PM||3404 km||2115 miles||1838 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Mon 1:52 PM||3650 km||2268 miles||1971 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.