Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 2:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.99 meters/second, 1605.6 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 866.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 29.6"||997.58 mi||West||0° 11' 35.0"||13.27 mi||North||997.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 53.6"||791.77 mi||East||4° 39' 47.3"||320.41 mi||North||856.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:32 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Mon 4:32 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:32 PM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:32 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Tue 4:32 PM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 3:32 PM||2236 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:32 PM||2603 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 3:32 PM||2821 km||1753 miles||1523 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:32 PM||2974 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:32 PM||3079 km||1913 miles||1663 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.