Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 7:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 07:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.85 meters/second, 1608.7 km/hour, 999.6 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.1"||999.50 mi||West||0° 11' 38.3"||13.33 mi||North||999.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 39.8"||785.86 mi||East||4° 39' 51.9"||320.49 mi||North||850.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Tue 4:06 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||NNE|
|Mount Hagen||Tue 5:06 PM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Tue 4:06 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||NW|
|Lae||Tue 5:06 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 5:06 PM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Tue 4:36 PM||1257 km||781 miles||679 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Tue 5:06 PM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Tue 4:06 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Tue 4:06 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Tue 3:06 PM||1827 km||1135 miles||987 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.