Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 8:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 08:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.09 meters/second, 1609.5 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.7"||1000.05 mi||West||0° 11' 39.1"||13.34 mi||North||1000.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 48.3"||784.07 mi||East||4° 39' 47.5"||320.41 mi||North||848.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Makassar||Tue 4:32 PM||48 km||30 miles||26 nm||E|
|Mamuju||Tue 4:32 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||N|
|Raba||Tue 4:32 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||S|
|Kendari||Tue 4:32 PM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||ENE|
|Palu||Tue 4:32 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||NNE|
|Balikpapan||Tue 4:32 PM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||NNW|
|Mataram||Tue 4:32 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||SW|
|Ende||Tue 4:32 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SE|
|Banjarmasin||Tue 4:32 PM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||WNW|
|Singaraja||Tue 4:32 PM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.