Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 1:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 13:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.86 meters/second, 1612.3 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 12.4"||1001.77 mi||West||0° 11' 40.8"||13.38 mi||North||1001.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 42.1"||778.12 mi||East||4° 39' 11.0"||319.71 mi||North||842.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kismayo||Tue 4:32 PM||597 km||371 miles||323 nm||NW|
|Mogadishu||Tue 4:32 PM||692 km||430 miles||373 nm||N|
|Mombasa||Tue 4:32 PM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||W|
|Zanzibar City||Tue 4:32 PM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||WSW|
|Dar es Salaam||Tue 4:32 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||WSW|
|Garissa||Tue 4:32 PM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||WNW|
|Moroni||Tue 4:32 PM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||SSW|
|Mutsamudu||Tue 4:32 PM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||SSW|
|Fomboni||Tue 4:32 PM||949 km||590 miles||512 nm||SSW|
|Mamoutzou||Tue 4:32 PM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.