Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 1:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 13:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.91 meters/second, 1612.5 kilometres/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.4"||1001.87 mi||West||0° 11' 40.9"||13.38 mi||North||1002.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 18.8"||777.74 mi||East||4° 39' 07.5"||319.64 mi||North||842.14 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mombasa||Tue 4:52 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||W|
|Zanzibar City||Tue 4:52 PM||351 km||218 miles||189 nm||SW|
|Dar es Salaam||Tue 4:52 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||SW|
|Kismayo||Tue 4:52 PM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||NNE|
|Garissa||Tue 4:52 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||NNW|
|Arusha||Tue 4:52 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||W|
|Nairobi||Tue 4:52 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||WNW|
|Dodoma||Tue 4:52 PM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||WSW|
|Nakuru||Tue 4:52 PM||738 km||458 miles||398 nm||NW|
|Mogadishu||Tue 4:52 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.