Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 2:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 14:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.98 meters/second, 1612.7 kilometres/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.2"||1002.03 mi||West||0° 11' 40.9"||13.38 mi||North||1002.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 44.4"||777.17 mi||East||4° 39' 01.8"||319.53 mi||North||841.52 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabora||Tue 5:22 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||SW|
|Mwanza||Tue 5:22 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||NW|
|Arusha||Tue 5:22 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||ENE|
|Dodoma||Tue 5:22 PM||292 km||182 miles||158 nm||SSE|
|Nairobi||Tue 5:22 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||NE|
|Kisumu||Tue 5:22 PM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||N|
|Nakuru||Tue 5:22 PM||450 km||279 miles||243 nm||NNE|
|Ruyigi||Tue 4:22 PM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||W|
|Muyinga||Tue 4:22 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||WNW|
|Rutana||Tue 4:22 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.