Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 2:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 14:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.00 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 15.8"||1002.08 mi||West||0° 11' 41.0"||13.38 mi||North||1002.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 32.9"||776.98 mi||East||4° 39' 00.0"||319.49 mi||North||841.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ruyigi||Tue 4:32 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||WNW|
|Mwanza||Tue 5:32 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||NE|
|Muyinga||Tue 4:32 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||NW|
|Rutana||Tue 4:32 PM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||W|
|Gitega||Tue 4:32 PM||223 km||139 miles||121 nm||WNW|
|Ngozi||Tue 4:32 PM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||WNW|
|Rwamagana||Tue 4:32 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||NW|
|Butare||Tue 4:32 PM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||WNW|
|Bujumbura||Tue 4:32 PM||286 km||178 miles||154 nm||WNW|
|Kigali||Tue 4:32 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.