Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.13 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.3"||1002.37 mi||West||0° 11' 41.1"||13.38 mi||North||1002.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 25.2"||775.86 mi||East||4° 38' 47.6"||319.26 mi||North||840.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandundu||Tue 4:32 PM||46 km||28 miles||25 nm||N|
|Kinshasa||Tue 4:32 PM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||WSW|
|Brazzaville||Tue 4:32 PM||238 km||148 miles||128 nm||WSW|
|Mbandaka||Tue 4:32 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||NNE|
|Franceville||Tue 4:32 PM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||WNW|
|Tshikapa||Tue 5:32 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||SE|
|Uíge||Tue 4:32 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SSW|
|Dolisie||Tue 4:32 PM||522 km||325 miles||282 nm||W|
|Impfondo||Tue 4:32 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||N|
|Cabinda||Tue 4:32 PM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.