Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 19:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 19:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.64 meters/second, 1615.1 km/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.9"||1003.58 mi||west||0° 11' 40.8"||13.38 mi||north||1003.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 46.4"||771.23 mi||east||4° 37' 39.5"||317.98 mi||north||834.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Luis||Tue 4:52 PM||179 km||112 miles||97 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Tue 4:52 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 4:52 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||E|
|Cayenne||Tue 4:52 PM||1126 km||700 miles||608 nm||NW|
|Recife||Tue 4:52 PM||1345 km||835 miles||726 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Tue 4:52 PM||1379 km||857 miles||744 nm||SE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 4:52 PM||1414 km||879 miles||764 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Tue 5:52 PM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||S|
|Manaus||Tue 3:52 PM||1576 km||979 miles||851 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Tue 3:52 PM||1738 km||1080 miles||939 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.