Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 7:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 19:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.63 meters/second, 1615.1 km/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.7"||1003.50 mi||West||0° 11' 40.8"||13.38 mi||North||1003.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 09' 47.6"||771.19 mi||East||4° 37' 40.0"||317.97 mi||North||834.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Luis||Tue 4:52 PM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Tue 4:52 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 4:52 PM||790 km||491 miles||426 nm||E|
|Cayenne||Tue 4:52 PM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||NW|
|Recife||Tue 4:52 PM||1314 km||816 miles||710 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Tue 4:52 PM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||SE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 4:52 PM||1436 km||893 miles||776 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Tue 5:52 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||S|
|Manaus||Tue 3:52 PM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Tue 3:52 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||952 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.