Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 00:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 00:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.09 meters/second, 1616.7 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.1"||1004.51 mi||west||0° 11' 39.3"||13.35 mi||north||1004.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 59.5"||766.20 mi||east||4° 35' 54.5"||315.95 mi||north||828.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 4:52 PM||2862 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 7:52 PM||2942 km||1828 miles||1589 nm||SSE|
|Mexico City||Tue 6:52 PM||3151 km||1958 miles||1701 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 6:52 PM||3187 km||1980 miles||1721 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Tue 5:52 PM||3515 km||2184 miles||1898 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 6:52 PM||3557 km||2210 miles||1921 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Tue 6:52 PM||3639 km||2261 miles||1965 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Tue 2:52 PM||3838 km||2385 miles||2072 nm||WSW|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 6:52 PM||3849 km||2391 miles||2078 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Tue 6:52 PM||3861 km||2399 miles||2085 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.