Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 2:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 02:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.17 meters/second, 1617.0 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.4"||1004.70 mi||West||0° 11' 38.7"||13.34 mi||North||1004.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 57.1"||765.10 mi||East||4° 35' 25.9"||315.41 mi||North||827.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 4:32 PM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:02 PM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:02 PM||2498 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Tue 6:02 PM||2643 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:02 PM||3435 km||2134 miles||1855 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:02 PM||3546 km||2204 miles||1915 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Tue 9:02 PM||3937 km||2446 miles||2126 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:02 PM||4078 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:02 PM||4246 km||2638 miles||2293 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:02 PM||4247 km||2639 miles||2293 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.