Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.20 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.8"||1004.78 mi||west||0° 11' 38.5"||13.33 mi||north||1004.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 30.9"||764.64 mi||east||4° 35' 13.1"||315.16 mi||north||827.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 5:02 PM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:32 PM||1702 km||1057 miles||919 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:32 PM||1928 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:32 PM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 6:32 PM||2916 km||1812 miles||1574 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:32 PM||3040 km||1889 miles||1641 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:32 PM||3302 km||2052 miles||1783 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:32 PM||3501 km||2176 miles||1891 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:32 PM||3565 km||2215 miles||1925 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:32 PM||3794 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.