Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 2:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 02:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.20 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.8"||1004.78 mi||West||0° 11' 38.5"||13.33 mi||North||1004.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 30.9"||764.64 mi||East||4° 35' 13.1"||315.16 mi||North||827.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 5:02 PM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:32 PM||1702 km||1057 miles||919 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:32 PM||1928 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:32 PM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 6:32 PM||2916 km||1812 miles||1574 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:32 PM||3040 km||1889 miles||1641 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:32 PM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:32 PM||3501 km||2176 miles||1891 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:32 PM||3565 km||2215 miles||1925 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:32 PM||3794 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.