Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 2:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 02:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.23 meters/second, 1617.2 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 54.9"||1004.83 mi||West||0° 11' 38.3"||13.33 mi||North||1004.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 13.7"||764.33 mi||East||4° 35' 04.5"||315.00 mi||North||826.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:52 PM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:52 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:52 PM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:52 PM||2777 km||1725 miles||1499 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:52 PM||2790 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:52 PM||3020 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:52 PM||3139 km||1950 miles||1695 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 6:52 PM||3192 km||1983 miles||1724 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:52 PM||3256 km||2023 miles||1758 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 3:52 PM||3726 km||2315 miles||2012 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.