Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 5:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 05:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.37 meters/second, 1617.7 km/hour, 1005.2 miles/hour or 873.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 01.4"||1005.14 mi||West||0° 11' 36.8"||13.30 mi||North||1005.26 mi|
|24 hours||348° 58' 47.7"||762.14 mi||West||4° 33' 57.6"||313.72 mi||North||823.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabiteuea||Wed 5:18 PM||291 km||181 miles||157 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 5:18 PM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 5:18 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||ENE|
|Howland Island||Tue 5:18 PM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||ENE|
|Funafuti||Wed 5:18 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Wed 5:18 PM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 5:18 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 6:18 PM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Wed 7:18 PM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||SE|
|Suva *||Wed 6:18 PM||1893 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.