Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 5:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.57 meters/second, 1618.5 km/hour, 1005.7 miles/hour or 873.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.76 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.5"||1005.60 mi||West||0° 11' 25.2"||13.08 mi||North||1005.65 mi|
|24 hours||10° 53' 04.6"||752.72 mi||East||4° 26' 54.3"||305.66 mi||North||811.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Accra||Wed 5:24 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NNW|
|Lomé||Wed 5:24 PM||538 km||334 miles||291 nm||N|
|Cotonou||Wed 6:24 PM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||N|
|Porto Novo||Wed 6:24 PM||592 km||368 miles||319 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Wed 5:24 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||E|
|Lagos||Wed 6:24 PM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||NNE|
|Bohicon||Wed 6:24 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||N|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Wed 5:24 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||E|
|Abeokuta||Wed 6:24 PM||684 km||425 miles||370 nm||NNE|
|Kumasi||Wed 5:24 PM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.