Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 23:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 23:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.36 meters/second, 1617.7 km/hour, 1005.2 miles/hour or 873.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 41.1"||1005.12 mi||west||0° 11' 16.3"||12.91 mi||north||1005.13 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 00.8"||748.66 mi||east||4° 22' 09.6"||300.23 mi||north||804.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 5:52 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||SE|
|San Jose||Wed 5:52 PM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||NE|
|Managua||Wed 5:52 PM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Wed 5:52 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Wed 5:52 PM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Wed 5:52 PM||1359 km||845 miles||734 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Wed 5:52 PM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Wed 6:52 PM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Wed 6:52 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||E|
|Panama||Wed 6:52 PM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.