Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 11:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 23:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.36 meters/second, 1617.7 km/hour, 1005.2 miles/hour or 873.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 41.1"||1005.12 mi||West||0° 11' 16.3"||12.91 mi||North||1005.13 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 00.8"||748.66 mi||East||4° 22' 09.6"||300.23 mi||North||804.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 5:52 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||SE|
|San Jose||Wed 5:52 PM||1250 km||777 miles||675 nm||NE|
|Managua||Wed 5:52 PM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Wed 5:52 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Wed 5:52 PM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Wed 5:52 PM||1359 km||845 miles||734 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Wed 5:52 PM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Wed 6:52 PM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Wed 6:52 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||E|
|Panama||Wed 6:52 PM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.