Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 2:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 02:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.20 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 45.4"||1004.75 mi||West||0° 11' 11.9"||12.82 mi||North||1004.75 mi|
|24 hours||10° 48' 56.4"||747.09 mi||East||4° 19' 52.7"||297.62 mi||North||802.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:42 PM||2620 km||1628 miles||1415 nm||W|
|Papeete||Wed 4:42 PM||2858 km||1776 miles||1543 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Wed 6:42 PM||3134 km||1947 miles||1692 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:42 PM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||NW|
|Hermosillo||Wed 7:42 PM||3763 km||2338 miles||2032 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Wed 6:42 PM||3795 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:42 PM||3901 km||2424 miles||2106 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Wed 6:42 PM||4020 km||2498 miles||2171 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Wed 7:42 PM||4056 km||2520 miles||2190 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Wed 6:42 PM||4137 km||2570 miles||2234 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.